Have you have been struggling with wearing face masks?
Do you wonder if they are even effective? Do you wonder why some stores require them and some don't? Do you wonder why some people wear them all the time (even in the car when they are alone) and others resist wearing them anywhere?
Me? I am NOT a fan. I have all of the questions above PLUS about a million more. But, in recent months I have begun to LOVE face masks. Yup, I am using the word love here.
Even though I totally dislike ANY change that is not of my own making…
Change that is out of my control. You too?
At first I resisted wearing a face mask because I was under the impression that they were useless. I have since understood that if both parties are wearing one the odds of NOT getting sick are pretty good.
Remembering to have one in my purse was difficult too. My mind was just not used to it. Kinda like when I had my 1st baby – I was afraid I would forget him at home or at the store.
Once I realized that face masks were here to stay I moved on to…buying them by the dozens, in all colors and styles, AND even having a little bag to keep them in. PLUS I had to get a larger purse so that I had room for masks, wipes and hand sanitizer. Such a hardship…buying a new purse. 🙂
Which leads me to this blog post. In 9 months I have been able to see the silver lining. To look at the glass as half full. And I want to tell you the…
5 reasons why I love face masks.
- A face mask hides my mouth when I fall asleep in public places. I have been spending a bit of time in various hospitals and doctors offices lately (My husband had back surgery) and sometimes I just want to take a nap. I don’t know about you….but I fall asleep with my head back and my mouth open….sometimes drooling. My face mask hides all of that. Naps are so much better now (I can't hide the snoring tho :).
- I save money on lipstick. PLUS I don’t have to remember to wear it.
- A face mask protects me from the people with colds and flu. Even without Covid, cold and flu season is upon us. Typically people would normally go out coughing, sneezing, and hacking. Now they are staying home. And if they do have symptoms, they are not sneezing them on me. Win win all around.
- I have acquired a higher appreciation for people who work in the medical care field. People who are around sick persons and germs all day. Normally, I would not have given that a thought. And now I wonder how many doctors, nurses, and healthcare personnel are getting sick because their patients are sick. Or how many can't travel at all because of the 14 day rule. I am so much more appreciative of them.
- When face masks first became a thing I loved how the community rallied around and gathered fabric, elastic, thread and sewers to make masks. Now that masks are available in stores I love all the creativity that people have come into with their masks. I LOVE the ones with the big smiles and teeth. I think I need one with all those big teeth!
I just want to say that how we live our lives leans heavily into what we think. Garbage in…garbage out. Our thoughts determine our actions. I have personally spent many a day and week lamenting about things I could not change. Which, as we both know, is a total waste of time. So…I moved to seeing the joy in the situation. Where are you in your thought process?
If you have not read any of these check them out:
At first I resisted. Now I embrace. Can't wait for my new face masks to arrive. What about you?